THE YOUNG LOGISTICS PROFESSIONALS AWARD
Every year, FIATA organizes, and the TT Club sponsors, the Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award (YIFFYA) which, since 2022, is called the Young Logistics Professional Award, to encourage and nurture passion of the young talents representing all sectors of the industry, whatever their specialization.
In line with FIATA’s guidelines, every year CIFFA puts forward the best Canadian candidate to compete for this award.
The competition advances in three stages:
Stage 1: the Canadian round – interested applicants:
- Must be between 18 and 32 years of age.
- Must submit a completed application form, verification of date of birth, and a recommendation letter from a senior manager via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the end of September each year.
- Must hold at least the CIFFA Certificate in International Freight Forwarding.
- Must have at least 2 years of freight forwarding experience. This is not mandatory but preferred due to the complexity of the task.
After meeting all the above requirements, the applicants will receive the topic for a dissertation and instructions for its completion. The deadline for submitting the completed dissertation is mid-January. CIFFA’s panel of subject-matter experts mark all submitted dissertations and select an overall winner. The winner receives a CA $1,500.00 cash prize and a digital award that can be shared on social media.
Stage 2: the Regional round (Americas, Africa, Europe and Asia):
- CIFFA submits the name of the Canadian winner to FIATA by mid-February.
- The winner must now complete another dissertation and submit both dissertations to FIATA by mid-May.
- The winner of the Regional round is announced by FIATA by early August.
Stage 3: the Global round – the four Regional winners:
- Are invited to the FIATA Congress in the fall, with registration and accommodation fees paid, plus US $1,000.00 towards their return air ticket.
- Must prepare a 15-minute presentation on their dissertations and answer the judging panel’s questions.
The Global winner is announced after all four presentations are completed. The winner receives an international certificate, a trophy, one-week practical industry experience in Hong Kong, London or New Jersey, one-week academic training in the TT Club’s Head Office in London, and one-year free subscription to the International Transport Journal in English, French or German.